Important notice for all field trips!
We love having people on our trips. However, they can be dangerous if participants are not careful. You are strongly advised to read the full Field Trip rules: Field Trip Rules.
Here are some key highlights:
- You don't need to be a member to attend our trips. Trips are $10 for non-members and $5 for members.
- Children must be 7 years of age or older and must be closely attended at all times. Children under 7 are not allowed on any field trip properties, period. One adult per child. They cannot be wandering off.
- Bring safety glasses. We may have extras available - but if you do not have them, you will not be able to join the trip. They should be on at all times.
- Wear real shoes and long pants. Sandals, flip flops and shorts are not acceptable - dress for the dig!
- Always be careful. Especially watch out above and below you on rock piles, and around you if you're breaking rocks.
- No drones and no smoking. We do not want fires or other dangers on our trips.
- Follow all directions given by field trip coordinators and helpers!
- Have fun! If you don't know what it is you picked up, ask a senior club member or just ask Dan.
The rules will be presented again in full before the trip begins.
Please note, field trips starting in 2023 will meet at the Cliffs Shaft Museum parking lot in Ishpeming by default! We will no longer be found at the Shopko parking lot, as it has become a little too full for regular use. We may meet elsewhere in special cases (ie Lindburg Mine). If you have any concerns where to meet up, please reach out.